Thursday, March 11, 2010

A New Adventure

This is my first attempt...ever...to blog. I have followed a few other blogs, but I am still a bit timid. I would like to be able to share with our family and friends our progress revolved around renovating our old antebellum home in Gainesville.

To catch you up to current:

Colter and I purchased the house from my mother's family in June 2008. The house was built in the late 1800's and has been in my family since 1922. Since the decision to purchase the house we have very slowly been working on it. March 2009 we really hit it hard for a week, my spring break. We completely gutted the kitchen during that week and did a lot of cleaning out too.

Since then we have steadily been working on getting the entire house re-wired. This may seem like a simply task, but it hasn't been. We have a wonderful electrician who has been gracious enough to work with us. You see, he has to work room by room to accommodate the moving of our junk. We move some junk and he works his magic then we move it again so that he can do more and so on and so on. This is pretty much the point at which we have stood for the past year and currently stand.

2 comments:

Brad and Katrina said...

You can find some cute backgrounds at www.cutestblogontheblock.com or www.hotbliggityblog.com. Hope that helps!
Katrina

Jennifer said...

Thanks it worked! It will take me some time to get this figured out.