Thursday, April 15, 2010

Condo for Sale

Yesterday I met Colter and Brandon at the house after work with pizza. They were quick to scarf down the first pizza completely by themselves. Brandon is a friend of the family that Colter hires to help him survey occasionally. I don't think he quite realized what was in store for him yesterday when he agreed to help work at the house.

We are attempting to rearrange stuff in the attic, some might say that it's junk but we'll just stick with stuff, so that our electrician can complete this nearly two year long job. He has been so patient with us thus far in our attempt to rearrange this stuff. When I say rearrange I mean literally move stuff from one spot to another and then back and around. We'll only have to rearrange stuff once more after we complete this section above what will be Colter's office for now.

Last week while attempting to rearrange stuff Colter discovered what was believed to be a mouse/rat condominium. There were pieces of wood half the size of copy paper, bird seed bags from Julie's wedding, what appeared to be a complete quilt of some description, wasps nest the size of dinner plates, at least a dozen boxes of Decon (rat killer), and at least a five year supply of pecans. Lets just say these things were packin' literally. When Colter made his discovery he immediately came to show me the establishment above what was once my old bedroom. He then decided that it would be a great job for me to clean it up. Of course I'm terrified they're going to pin me down, gag me, and then stow me away for later. Cautiously I start to shovel. I then made the discovery that these were no rats but instead squirrels. Let's just say I had concrete evidence that these were squirrels. At that point I was no longer terrified and was able to knock out the condo in no time.

Today Colter and Brandon are heading back to haul some scrap metal and also attempt to cut down the largest tree in our yard which just happens to be 6+/- feet away from our back door. The tree's roots have gotten into our septic tank and now we think that it has bit the dust. Needless to say it has got to go! Please say a quick prayer that everything goes as planned and that noone is hurt during today's venture.

No comments: