Friday, June 25, 2010

The Big Scare

Sunday morning we were awaken at 6:00am with a phone call ...it was our security alarm agency! The alarm was sounding! Our worst nightmares of having even more priceless family heirlooms stolen, the mere violation was simple revolting. Colter immediately grabbed his automatic terrorist looking weapon threw some clothes on and jumped in the truck for the should be thirty minute drive from Forkland to Gainesville. In the mean time I had called Mom to see if she could go over and run down anyone who might be attempting to flee the scene. She made it there shortly before Colter did and they found ...nothing. The alarm indicated that one of the motion detectors was activated.  We now believe that a fan caused something like paper or plastic to blow up and in turn set off the alarm.

On a better note, we worked like little soldiers Tuesday night, Saturday morning, and again on Sunday afternoon. We've now discovered that we need to replace the floor in the water heater closet that joins the kitchen.  We also discussed building another wall over the existing wall (with the closet and chimney) so that we'll have a sturdy wall to hang cabinets on. This means we will need to get our electrician back out to do some more work in the kitchen. While Colter spent all of his time tearing out plywood and hanging sheet rock I sat on the floor with a chisel and worked like the devil trying to get up the stupid tar paper and glue from tiles they put down 30 years ago, pain in my butt - literally. One day it will be beautiful!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jennifer-
I love your blog! It's so cute and entertaining. I love reading about your progress on the house. I also did not know that you are expecting- CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you and Colter. You two will be wonderful parents! I have not seen either of you in forever- next time Katrina and I are in the Demopolis area, we should try to all get together with our significant others for a "triple date" so we can catch up! Congrats again and keep us updated on your blog!