Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Then & Now

Since August we have really started to roll on the house work. I'm not sure if it's my ever growing belly becoming more prominent by the day or if it has just finally hit all of us that we need to get this thing moving. We still have a lot to do, but we're moving faster! We meet with the cabinet man Saturday the 18th - major milestone!! I'm so excited about getting a kitchen that I can't hardly stand it! 
However, we still have a lot to do before the house is move-in ready for the three of us. Our plans are to not completely finish the entire house before we move in but just have the master bedroom, kitchen and utility room finished. The remainder we will finish once we move in room by room.

This is what we have left to do prior to move in day:
- Take chimney down in master bedroom
- Build closet where chimney was
- Insulate and rewire master bedroom
- Finish sheet rock & paint in kitchen & master bedroom
- Refinish floors in master bedroom & kitchen
- Hang kitchen cabinets & get counter tops installed
- Refinish master bedroom windows & paint ceiling


Kitchen - July

Kitchen - Now


Master Bedroom - July


Master Bedroom - Now


I'm thinking about using the old fireplace mantel as a headboard for the baby's crib. Not sure how it will look but I think it will be cute. That way we can still keep and have use for the mantel.

It has been so rewarding to see the progress with these projects, even though it seems slow!

1 comment:

Brad and Katrina said...

These photos are great! It's coming along! I can't wait to see it!