Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Mouse Story

Have you ever tried to get a replacement title and weren't sure whose name the title was in? It isn't easy!! The story is a funny one that goes a little something like this. The title was in the glove box in the car resting quietly in the yard. I decided this was not the ideal place to have it so I moved it to Colter's glove box while we were there working one day (about a year ago).

Shortly thereafter Colter found that one or more mice were living in his truck. They would eat his sunflower seeds on the console, funny but not at the same time! Then one of them died and it was awful for quite some time. After the smell subsided some I decided it was time to clean out his truck so that they would no longer call his truck their home. I found their dining room in, guess where, his glove box! They had eaten EVERYTHING in there! I found the tag registration or at least a recognizable corner of it, but nothing else was even close to salvagable.



So a few months ago I started calling around to see what I could do to find out whose name the title was in so that I could get a replacement and get the car out of my yard...major eye sore. When I called the tag department in Sumter Co. they wouldn't even talk to me and told me that I needed to file a police report! FILE A POLICE REPORT...because a mouse ate the title!! The car sits in my yard and I can't even find out which member of my family owns it, seriously! Well let's just say that the deputy sherriff, who happens to live five miles from my house, has yet to come by to verify the VIN. Thankfully we have a friend that has access to such information and we were able to make the request after about five minutes of someone's time. We now await the title to arrive in the mail while the car rest, eagerly ready to leave Sumter Co. on a trailer.

No comments: