Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gowns aren't for Boys!!

Last week I started on the hunt for a Christening gown for Case since the family gown seems to be missing in action. I wanted the traditional gown without being frilly or girly in any way and at a price I could afford. I was completely unaware of the price tag most of these things carry ($200-300). After searching for a short period of time and some advice from a woman who "collects" these that Julie works with I made the purchase of this Feltman Brother's Christening Gown for under $100. I hope this will be a new family heirloom that will be passed down for generations to come!

A nice little suggestion from the place I purchased this was that if you're planning to use it as a family gown be sure to have it embroidered with the names and dates of those that are christened in it. I will definitely be using this suggestion!



It arrived on the Friday of the week I ordered it...much faster than anticipated! I LOVE IT, but Colter...not so much. His exact words were "It's a gown Jennifer, enough said." He didn't argue about it though, just stated that he didn't care for it and didn't much understand why he needed something "special" to wear anyway. He knew he wouldn't win, haha!

By the way, if you would like to attend Case's christening it will be July 3rd in Forkland @ 9:00am.

No comments: