Friday, July 15, 2011

Crazy - crazy - crazy - Yep, that's ME!

Although I realize the purpose of this blog is to update everyone on the status of the house, not our adorable sweet little boy or my senseless babbling about nothing. However, things at the house are moving at a snails pace and I have to have something to write about and Case is soo cute. I have dedicated followers that I must entertain you know...even if it is just myself.

Case is 5 months old today, wow, how time has flown! He is also just starting to crawl and sit up by himself. He can sit without assistance for short periods of time but I think it is really more of his fat little belly that keeps his face out of the floor. He is definitely on the move though...it's slow and arrhythmic, but still movement. Case is so much like his daddy it isn't funny. He loves new faces! He'll study them for a while and then anything they do or say is completely hilarious.

All of my thoughts and actions now days seem very random and without any reason. Does having children effect your mind this much? Will it ever be the same? The other day I was in the shower and it was one of those times when it was absolutely necessary for me to shave my legs. When I got out I realized I had only shaven one leg!! Who forgets they have two legs?!

Also, how long does it take to lose this so-called baby weight? I'm about to resort to drastic measures if something doesn't give real soon...and it will likely be my trouser button that goes first! I will have to shamefully admitt that I have not actually tried all that hard...been a lot of talk...but not much action.

On another note, God has really been on me lately. It's amazing how He can speak to you so clearly and you not even hear Him until the tenth+ time... I know how this feels because Colter does it to me all the time and he claims that he just can't hear my voice. A friend of mine from college had this written on her blog (Tiffany-Townsend Tales) and it just smacked me in the face. "What if we were as addicted to God as we are to Facebook?!" How often do you visit Facebook or whatever it is for you? For me it is a few times a day. What if we turned to God and asked Him how we could better serve Him as many times as we Facebook stalked each day? Or even said a simple prayer and thanked Him for our bountiful blessings. How do we get back to Him...listen in His word. He tells us exactly what we need to be doing to be pleasing to Him each day, all we need to do is study and then apply what we learned. He is the Father; the Teacher!! 

Prayer - Father, please help me to be more loving and forgiving. Lord, don't let me forget that you are with me always and leader of my life...should I choose to allow it. Please forgive me when I fail you for I know it is often. Help me to be the christian, woman, mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend that would be reflective of You in all that I do! Lord I thank you so much for all of my many blessings for they are much too many to even count! I love you with all I have and I'm so glad that you're ruler of MY life!! AMEN.

No comments: