I have not posted anything in a while so we've got quite a bit to catch up on!
I've gotten most of my Christmas shopping done thanks to online shopping and great cyber deals after Thanksgiving - Christmas cards are still on the to-do list. If you have moved in the past year be looking for a message on Facebook from me or you can just email me if you know I don't have yours. Here is the inspiration for my Christmas cards this year. I hate cards that say Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings...so mine says Merry Christmas!
Honey had seven puppies last Saturday, but only five of them are still with us. There are now three girls and two little boys all the same golden color as Honey & Jackson. They're so cute!! This was only three days after she was snake bit and rushed to the vet clinic. $8.00, two shots, and a few hours later and she was feeling much better, but she really had us worried for a while. Connie and I had to call a nice neighbor to help us load her into my car. Connie has a cracked rib and I'm 7 months pregnant, the dog is large to start with but she was also very pregnant and wouldn't even stand up by herself. It was truly a sight!!
![]() |
| These are not our puppies, but ours look just like the one to the left. |
We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day lunch and surprise baby shower with Colter's family. Isn't family great? We had a wonderful time visiting with those that we don't get to see but once or twice a year. Of course I wooped some tail at Mexican Train Dominoes...suckas!! For those of you who have never played I promise it's a game worth buying...so much fun, even for the kids! The hardest part is counting up all the points if you're a loser.
Most of you know that the day after Thanksgiving was the IRON BOWL, which is always a touchy subject around the Nelson household...since I joined the family anyway. I basted in the glory of potential victory for the first half of the bowl game but Colter ended up with the biggest smile at the end of the day. Roll Tide!!
However, I do wish Auburn the best of luck at the National Championship! I really do hope they win.
Saturday Melissa came down and Carson immediately escorted her out the door and on to kill her first buck! I'm not sure who was more proud Melissa or Carson. Here they are with her 6 point and Rose checking the situation out.
In the past several weeks we've been collecting estimates for a central heat and air unit for the house! The final bid was awarded just yesterday to my old employer Rice Heating and Cooling from Demopolis. We're so excited about having not only heat but air too!! We hope things will be completed by Christmas or at the very latest the end of the year. Once this is in we will really be able to start rolling with getting everything in order and completed. Many thanks to Mr. Kenny & Mrs. Cindy for dropping everything to get the ball rolling on this major project!!
Other house news, we now have the entire chimney down in the bedroom. There is literally a hole in the floor. Gotta get on getting that fixed. Drywall has also gone up in the bedroom and in the den too, although the den hasn't yet been mudded. Just this past weekend Colter (along with several helpers at different times) got the ceiling up in the den and walls up in Case's room. Time for a painting party!!! We are planning to have another work weekend this coming weekend. Lots of work to be done before we start the move.
We have also ordered our 25 storm windows for the house, which we hope will help while we're redoing existing windows along with our soon to come heating bill. Not sure when those are scheduled to arrive although I suspect by the end of the year.
Last week I had my baby shower at work. Can I just say for the record what wonderful co-workers and friends I have!! Case ended up with a ton of stuff and even got his first few packages of diapers and wipes, whoo hoo, along with many other great things! I did somehow miss out on a picture with all of my hostesses.



No comments:
Post a Comment